Friday, May 8, 2009

Friends I've Lost, Friends I Still Have. A Prayer for All

I have so much trouble with the problems of the world. Understanding why they are even there, and how can anyone be so stupid to do any of it?

I remember several good friends that I spent a lot of time with, goofing off, playing games, and having heart to heart talks. These are sweet memories for me, but over the last few years they have turned sad as well.

Many of those friends have "grown up" in the world’s eyes. They now go to public school, and they act like it. Boys is all they have to talk about, and words I would rather not hear comes out of their mouths every other sentence.

To see this hurts so bad, to know that these girls, who I always thought would be just like me have changed so much. The world and it’s people dragged them down into something terrible. They are no longer pleasant to be around, and any contact with them becomes depressing. I want to stay in touch, I want to be that life line when they realize what they’ve gotten into, but I’m also afraid. What influence can they have on me?

Now is when I look to my other friends, as well as my God, and my family. Here is where they hold me up, stand behind me, hit me over the head if I start going down the wrong path.

I pray for the "friends" I have lost, and I pray for the ones I still have. Keep their hearts pure Lord.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. ~ Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment