Seeing as how the holidays are getting closer and closer, my Sam and I decided we would dedicate this months questions to celebrations. We'll be taking a break through December, but Beautiful People will be back in January.
A lot of writer's don't think about holiday's, or celebrations while writing their story, but it's a part of life. Even for fantasy writer's. Your character might be a typical American who celebrates Christmas and the Fourth of July, but they must have something to celebrate. Parties are a part of almost anyone's life, even if they aren't given for the same reasons. Stretch your imagination on this one. Try to make your characters holiday seasons as real as you can.
1. What kind of holidays do they celebrate, if any?
2. What are they most thankful for?
3. Do they have any family traditions?
4. What is their most memorable holiday memory?
5. What is the most memorable gift they have ever received?
6. Do they consider it important to be with family during celebrations?
7. Do they usually wait till the last minute to purchase gifts, or do they buy them ridiculously early?
8. Favorite Christmas song? For fantasy authors, is music a part of their celebration?
9. Do they celebrate for religious reasons?
10. How do they celebrate the beginning of the new year?
Have fun, and don't forget to sign the linky!