Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Beautiful People - One Year Edition
This month marks the one year anniversary of Beautiful People! A year ago, my Sam and I started what we called a "blog thing" (mainly because we didn't like the word meme), to aid writers in the quest of character analysis. I'd like to say we've achieved that goal, but I can't really speak for all of you. I will say that it has been a huge help for Sam and I.
We decided to give everyone an extra challenge this month for the occasion. It's kind of put together in two parts. Don't worry, it's completely optional.
Part 1: Instead of one character, choose two that are somehow tied together in a relationship. It doesn't matter what kind. They can be siblings, sweethearts, enemies, friends. Just two people who know each other. A relationship that you, as the author, would like to discover more about.
Answer the first 10 questions as you normally would, but do it for both characters. This is where that optional part comes in, if you're not interested, feel free to use these questions as you would for just one character.
Also, if the question isn't suited for the world your character lives in, answer it as if they lived in a world that it would, or feel free to change the question to fit the situation.
(Thanks to Finvarra Penn and Alyianna for suggesting some of this months questions!)
1. Do they believe in anything that most people think is impossible?
2. Are they strong, or the "damsel/knight in distress" sort?
3. Do they have a special place? (e.g. a corner in his/her bedroom, under a tree...)
4. What occupation do they have, or plan on having?
5. Describe their current place of residence.
6. Explain their last crisis. How had they changed when they came out of it?
7. If they could drive any kind of car they wanted, what would it be?
8. How do they deal with change?
9. If they had to amputate one body part, which one would they choose?
10. What would their favorite be at the local coffee shop?
Part 2: Here are 5 more questions. These ones are focused more on that relationship we mentioned above. The goal is to become more familiar with the way your two characters relate with one another. Think about your answers, don't be afraid to give us detail.
1. How did they meet?
2. How do these two deal with conflict?
3. Do they have a special song, phrase, item, or place?
4. What kind of things do they like to do together?
5. Describe their relationship as a whole in 3 words, or less.
Have fun, and don't forget to sign the linky!