Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's Important to You?

Day 10 - Your answer to, "What is the most important thing I should know about writing."
If I was replying to someone who was thinking about getting into writing themselves, I would say, beware. It's addictive. Once you start, you will be sucked into the world of late nights, finding room for stacks of filled notebooks, and crying over deleted documents. Oh, and how could we forget NaNoWriMo?

For anyone else, there is no answer to this question. It changes for each and every person. I could tell you some of the things that are most important to me. Such as, simply writing what's on my heart, or be willing to try new things in my writing world. Outlining is a lot more fun than I ever imagined it could be.
The fact of the matter is though, that why these things could be important for me, they might not be a struggle, or nearly as important to you.

So, here's my answer to this question. Find out for yourself. Because it will be different for each and every writer. What is most important to you?

Check out this 15 Day Blog Challenge at Eat... Sleep... Write!

3 comments:

  1. Allo, Georgie! I plopped an award on you over on my blog. Just letting you know. ^.^ http://katie-writingblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/liebster-award.html

    And I agree with your reasoning here. It is different for every person, and one does have to dig deep down and find out for one's self. I don't know if I could put into words what I feel is most important about writing. It goes so far beyond my attempts to explain myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Georgie!
    I just gave you an award, but - *gasp* - KATIE GOT THERE FIRST!!
    ~ Mirriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Georgie! Let me be the third to say I awarded your blog! http://charityrocks1.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-have-liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete