Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Favorites of 2010 - Movies

Following up my post from yesterday, being the movie person I am, I thought I might do the same with my favorite movies from this year. There aren't as many good movies as there are books, so the list was rather shorter, but here goes.

In order from favorite to least favorite.

1. Alice in Wonderland Director: Tim Burton.

If you're anything like me, the director of this film
threw you off. He's weird, he makes weird movies, he makes movies I never want to see. This however, is not one of those movies. True, it is weird, and it's slightly dark, but a good kind of dark. I mean, it's Alice in Wonderland, falling down a huge hole just gets that way.
This movie was made amazingly well. The acting was well done (I mean, its got Johnny Depp!), the story was told in a new and interesting way. It's all around an amazing movie.


2. Tangled Directors: Nathan Greno & Byron Howard

I wrote a review on this movie after watching the first time. I watched it a second time time since then and I would have to say, I like it even more. I really would not mind owning it. It's just that good.







3. Secretariat Director: Randall Wallace

I was trying not to get to excited about this movie. It was a horse movie, and there are a lot of people who don't know how to make a horse movie. Randall Wallace does. You know you're a horse lover if you remained dry eyed when people die, but every time that horse starts to get ahead in a race, your eyes water.





4. How to Train Your Dragon Directors: Dean DeBlois & Chris Sanders

Dreamworks... uh... All I can say is I'm not a fan. In fact, I would even go so far as to say, I seriously dislike Dreamworks. I had never seen a Dreamworks movie I liked. At all. Shrek is terrible. Over the Hedge was terrible. The Bee Movie was terrible. I didn't even bother with Kung Fu Panda. Then I watched How to Train Your Dragon. Dreamworks went up a notch in my opinion. This movie was amazing.


There are several movies I'm looking forward to that come out this year. The Eagle, The Dark Knight Rises, The Adventures of Tintin, and Rango to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment